Monday, 17 June 2013

My experience in TVRLS

It has indeed been a fabulous experience in TVRLS as it has added value to my knowledge in HR to a great extent. I feel it’s a great learning opportunity in TVRLS rather than in any organization as an intern because the exposure which you get in an organization compared to here is very minimal, sometimes negligible. My project topic was “FAQ’s by HR Managers” it was to know the changes in HR over a period of  time. The FAQ’s were taken from Yahoo HR groups  & Cite HR. After collecting the data, in the study it was found that there was a slight down trend in the queries in HR & queries in IR has increased.  Apart from my project I also attended workshops on Performance Management System, Competency Mapping, conference  on performance planning for teachers at GCERT, a session on sustainable learning environment at ISRO, 100 Managers In Action at AMA . Also along with the project I helped in modifying the brochure for an online certification course, designing a mailer for it & then marketing the program. Wrote a few articles on topics like “Concept of Teachers Performance Appraisal” designed a format for the same, Non –Monetary Rewards etc. I also got the opportunity to learn to assess a few organizations on “HR Change Interventions” Also took care of the administrative work at Ahmadabad office. I even got to learn from small assignments Prof: Rao kept giving me.  My reading skills are enhanced much more than before because Prof: Rao insists a lot in reading books, journals, materials etc.. Above all these learning’s listening to Prof: Rao is just incredible. I heard him not only in sessions or workshops but also in office. He is a  Plethora of ideas & is blend of HR & numbers. I found it to be very uncommon. He speaks casually but it gives me a lot of insights to extend my knowledge. New thoughts just keep passing his mind & I gain a lot from them. But one thing I would like to say is one has to be self motivated if  alone.  I would have learnt more if we were a batch of four to five because then Prof: Rao would take sessions for us based on our interest of learning . To conclude I would  just say I was lucky enough to be associated with Prof: Rao in terms of acquiring knowledge in HR & it will also help me in branding myself in my profession.

You can contact me at pandeypriyanka728@gmail.com  

1 comment:

  1. This my experience related to the fantastic time I have spent in TVRLS & Prof: Rao

    ReplyDelete